Tuesday, September 29, 2009

new direction

I've focused most of this blog on Jack, as that has been the direction my life has taken me over the last years. It's honestly been easier putting my son and husband first, so I wouldn't have to work on myself. There were a lot of well intended excuses but no more excuses, I have started making changes. I'm not sure when it happened but through the summer I found myself pushing to do things I never would have done before, there would have been an excuse in it's place. I've been much happier, much more at ease with myself. I think I needed the time to redefine myself - once again and to figure a few things out. I took a large leap this week and put myself out there.

I decided to work on the weight thing, it has really bothered me for years. I would have small successes and then gain everything back and then some, but this time I am doing it right. I have joined a weight management program offered through our health insurance and gym. The program is medically supervised and has had great success, needless to say I am excited that I have made the steps to start. Now that the appointments are all scheduled I just need to show up and do the work. And we all know that I am never late and hate cancelling appointments.

This weekend I started something new, I started a food journal to track what I eat throughout the day. So far so good, who wants to really write down that Friday they had a bad day and ate 20 chocolate almond clusters without even knowing it? I've noticed now that I am on day four and I have stuck to my meal plans that I really am not craving stuff at night any longer.

I will still post little anecdotes about Jack and our days with him, but to keep myself on track I will also be sharing about my progress and inevitable roadblocks and how I get around them.





Two of our meals from this weekend. Mini breakfast frittatas with 1/2 a whole wheat english muffin, 1/4 of a peach with greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey. Sunday night we had these cold sesame noodles with sugar snap peas.

3 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

Kate,

I am so incredibly proud of you for deciding to put yourself first. I think you should also put your craft projects up :)

Kristin said...

Thanks Erika, that means a lot, hopefully in about 6 months we can go on a massive shopping adventure.

Kathy said...

I agree with Erica. You're in such a great place in your life. I can't say I've ever seen you more radiant and happy. You have such a sense of contenment.
You deserve this and more.