Sunday, September 13, 2009

man dude date

Yes I know it has been forever since my last post. I feel like summer completely blew by us, but it was a blast. Jack and I had lots of fun visiting our family and exploring ND together. Jack is getting settled into the new school year and is loving his new teacher.

Yesterday Jack and Randy had a mini man dude date day. I spent the afternoon and evening hanging out in Seattle with some old friends from high school. Randy really seized the opportunity to get some good time in with Jack and even planned a little surprise in the middle of all of their events for the day. Lunch at Wendy's, swimming at the apartment complex pool (Randy got a leg cramp in the deep end - Jack nearly smoked him in a race), cooking dinner - just for men stir fry, games at chuckee cheese (that was the surprise), a trip to DQ and an impromptu stop at the park to watch a soccer match. I asked Jack if they missed me yesterday and he said, "Mom, we were too busy to even think about you."



2 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like the guys went all out. Cudos to Randy for making the most of his Dude Day. Jack is lucky to have a Dad like Randy.
Bey you had a blast with the girls. Sounds like a winner of a day all round.

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

Can you believe the summer just flew by? I am so glad you had a great time back home. I think Jack gets a little bit taller every blog:)