Monday, October 20, 2008

This weekend

This weekend we headed back to Portland for the second weekend in a row. Needless to say I was overjoyed. There is something magical to me about Portland in the fall, it might be because I moved there in the fall when I was 19. Fall in Portland always seems to make my heart burst with love, I love everthing about that city--absolutely everything, the bridges, downtown, I am loving getting to know the Pearl District area--when I moved there, the only time you went into certain parts of the Pearl was to go to art galleries during First Thursdays, now it is thriving. Its great.

Jack had a great time seeing his family, he was so excited to share his reading and show off his loose tooth. On Saturday afternoon he got to go to the family fun center with his dad, uncle jeff and papa. They played mini-golf, Jack says he won. They rode the bumper boats and he got to drive. They also drove the go-karts, Jack says that was his favorite because is made his hair fly away from his head. Randy said Jack was laughing the hole time and yelling at him to keep going faster.

It was a great weekend and one I am sure we will not live down for awhile. Next weekend we will be staying home in our jammies for awhile I am sure.

No comments: