Thursday, September 4, 2008

Not quite the end of summer

Well the Teacher's Union where we live went out on strike. While I don't specifically agree with the idea of teacher's striking. I do fully understand and support the decision to stand up for what is right. It is not solely based on an increase in pay--which is deserved--also the thing that has me concerned is the mandated district wide curriculum. Having grown up in a household with a teacher I know that not one lesson plan can fit each class. Every child is different and every child is special and learns in different ways... making each class different so how can one lesson plan fit for each class across the district? It does not make sense with me and I do not agree with it.

So Jack and I have been enjoying these last few stolen days of summer. He will start school soon enough. For now we have been hanging out and going to the park and watching movies together. Not to mention reading and working on our homework book.

No comments: