Sunday, September 14, 2008

Extended Summer

Jack and I have been enjoying the last few weeks of his extended summer together. We have started meeting Randy for lunch at work for a picnic outside everyday. After our little mini-picnic we have been going either to the grass lawn park or to the park behind our house. Every night after dinner we have been going for a bike ride, we think he is almost ready to take off the training wheels...almost. He has been coming right along with his reading, we try to work on it everyday. It is shocking to me that Jack can read. I am so surprised every time he reads a new word, I don't think I have been this excited since he started walking and talking.

We've had a great weekend so far. Friday night we had chicken and noodles for dinner--Randy and Jack both really loved it. Jack wanted to bring it to school for lunch one day he liked it so much. We played a few board games Friday night and yesterday we all went mini-golfing and finished up the night with some Wii Sports.

Sounds like the teachers union and the district are pretty close to settling the contract, hopefully Jack will be in school on Monday. He's getting pretty anxious.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

My Grandma would be so happy that jack loved her chicken and noodles. She had a special place in her heart for little boys. She'd pinch his cheeks. So would I( after I gave him a big hug)