Tuesday, January 12, 2010

reset

i had my weekly meeting with my dietitian this morning. there is something refreshing knowing that i am going to meet with her every tuesday at 8:30 and see my progress for the week. this week was another 3lb loss (yay me!!) a few more weekly sessions and i should be very close to my mid-way goal. i look back on these last few months and i can't believe:

1. that i am actually doing this and
2. that it is actually working

since starting i have stuck with what my trainer and dietitian have asked me to do and you know what, the weight is coming off. i always thought i was one of those people that was going to be overweight the rest of her life. but i now see that this is not going to be something that drags me down the rest of my life.

today my dietitian extended an offer from the dr who directs the program; he wants to extend my program by an additional 2 weeks because, well basically because they like me best. :) ha, no it is because i have followed the program and have had success. however to get the 2 weeks i have to follow the meal plan from week 2 - which is basically lean protein, veggies and their protein shakes. no biggie right? i am so willing to try, it will be a fun experiment don't you think? so goodbye fruit, goodbye greek yogurt, goodbye grilled artichoke dip and goodbye hummus. see you in a week from now.

4 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

Kate you should be so proud of yourself. Food is such a big battle for a lot of people and healthy food can be yummy.

Kathy said...

I caught the new pictures and you just glow. So proud of what you have accomplished.

sarah said...

yay! so proud of you. you are so tiny now!!

Jason Appah said...

hummus is gross anyways.. April loves it but I think it's based on a dare...

How are the Tidds?