Monday, March 23, 2009

Weeknight Date

Jack and I had a Friday night date this week. Randy met some work buddies at a bar for a friend's going away party after work on Friday so Jack and I were on our own for dinner. I decided to turn it into a fun night instead of focusing on Randy not being home. While Jack was at school I picked up a painting project, some cupcakes and a copy of Free Willy to watch.

Jack and I started the afternoon with the painting project, we are working on a gift for someone's birthday that just so happens to be coming up next week. Jack planned out the whole thing (I'll post pictures later as I don't want to spoil any surprises) from the colors to what we should use to decorate it with. Then we sat down to breafast for dinner. Which just so happens to be one of our faves that Randy can't stand, so we took the opportunity and made Banana Peanut Butter Pancakes and coffee for dinner or brinner if you will. I made Jack a cup of coffee too, just like my dear sweet grammy used to make for me when I was little-- with lots of milk and sugar and just enough coffee to turn the milk color a little bit. Jack, was not a fan but he enjoyed the story and thought it was pretty funny that grammy would give me coffee when I was just a kid.





After eating we started Free Willy, it has been years since I have watched it. It was funny seeing all the Portland scenery and I found it fascinating that someone could ride their bike through downtown Portland and end up at the coast. Jack jumped when I did the first time when Willy came up out of the water at Jesse the first time they met. It was a pretty fun night and a good start to the weekend.

4 comments:

elan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

Those pancakes look delicious! What's the recipe?

Kristin said...

Thanks Erika, I sent you an email :)

sarah said...

you are the most amazing mother. you've raised the bar so high. aww i remember grammie giving us milk coffee. the reason it was so good was because she was treating us like we were adults and she'd knew that would make us feel good. it's every kids dream to grow up quickly. she was the absolute best. thanks for carrying on with her traditions. (little tear in my eye)