Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Leprechauns

This week Jack had a little creative writing assignment in class. I thought I would share it because I started laughing out loud when I read it. I happened to be in the classroom helping out when I read it and his teacher looked at me and said, "Yeah I know, it was pretty funny right."

"How to Catch a Leprechaun"
By: Jack C Tidd (he uses his middle initial when he is the "author")
I will climb a tree then I will jump on the leprechaun! Then I will run very fast and hide in a bush. Then I will take his coat off. Then I will eat 100 bowls of Luck Charms cereal. I will eat 10 blue moons to make me invisible. Then I will say, "Gotcha".

This makes me wonder- does he think Leprechauns live in trees and how does he know about Lucky Charms cereal and the magic of the blue moon shaped marshmallows inside?

4 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

Haha!! Every kid loves lucky charms and my question would be are there any other side effects from the other marshmellows?? Is he going to do aneaster bunny story?

Kristin said...

Most likely they will do Easter stories. I need to go through some of his other writing and post it, because it is hillarious.

Kathy said...

You should scan them and put them together in scrapbook form. I'd love that and I know Mom would. He's got such a vivid imagination.

sarah said...

phew! i thought he was referring to blue moon the beer. in which case i would suggest that you and randy take it down a notch.