Monday, August 11, 2008

The unpacking continues

Jack and I have been working everyday getting unpacked. This afternoon we worked on cleaning his room up. This weekend he unpacked the remaining boxes in his room and scattered the contents about his room. This afternoon I suddenly understood the crazy my mom must have felt when Sarah and I were little and we would not keep a clean room. I sat in Jack's room and directed/guided him in cleaning-- we also did a good bit of clean out at the same time.

Lately Randy and I have been to work with Jack on his frustration level and how he seems to be overly afraid to do certain things. Especially anything involving heights or hanging on/off anything. There is a park that I have been taking Jack to in our new neighborhood that has been helping a lot with that, the Grass Lawn Park Tonight we went again and he is doing really well, climbing up lots of stuff and going across the rope walk. We were pretty proud. Here are some pictures:

Jack climbed up into this basket, it took some doing, but he got in there on his own.


Jack going across the rope walk


Jack climbing up to the big slide


Jack and I at the park :)










Jack's favorite things for today:
1. going down the big slide at the park
2. going across the rope bridge at the park
3. playing original mario brothers on dad's old nintendo

No comments: