Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kindergarten Orientation

Today was it. I took Jack to Orientation for Kindergarten this afternoon at his new school. I think we were both a little nervous. Jack not knowing what to expect at all, me expecting that I would have more snotty mommies to deal with and try to be nice to. I think we were both pleasantly surprised when we arrived to find another mommy + daughter duo that were very friendly to talk to while we were waiting. Dominique was the little girls name and I did not get the mom's name.

The school is laid out in pod/cluster style rooms, his room has two rooms in it-- there are two kindergarten classes this year and they will add a 3rd if more students enroll. We met lots of the other kids all of them seemed pretty nice and I think Jack will get along fine. We got our list of school supplies to bring on the first day. This year the kids will be sharing all the supplies to build a sense of community in the classroom. Hmm, I guess somethings have changed since I was in kindergarten.

The teachers seemed very nice, both around my age.
Monday we take Jack to school at 8am. I wonder if will survive the day without staying all day long. I did sign up to volunteer in the class and for field trips and I am considering the PTA... I need something to keep me busy.

2 comments:

sarah said...

man, not having your own supplies. that would have killed me. i liked my supplies in a certain way. i didn't like getting chewed things.

Kathy said...

Ahhh!!!! Such a big step for both of you.